In March 2018 the UK Government introduced the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme and set aside £67m to help businesses across the Country to obtain a faster broadband connection at their premises.
For full details of the Gigabit Voucher Scheme and why businesses need a faster broadband connection, please read our recent blog "What Is The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme?"
If you are currently considering upgrading broadband at your business it makes sense to apply to the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme and avail of a voucher for £2,500 to go towards the cost of installing a full fibre connection at your premises.
The first questions we are often asked about the scheme is how businesses apply for a voucher and what steps are involved in the process. We have therefore outlined the process below and hope this helps to demystify the process and allow you to make the decision to proceed.
Find A Supplier Registered With The Gigabit Voucher Scheme
The good news is that if you are reading this blog on the Connect Total Communications website then you have already found a registered supplier for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme. Just get in touch and we will explain how easy the process really is.
Discuss The Gigabit Voucher Scheme With Your Registered Supplier
Having found your registered supplier, we will discuss the scheme and find out if you meet the eligibility criteria.
The main criteria for the scheme are:
- Your business is a UK business
- It meets the EU's definition of an SME (this is usually that the business does not employ more than 250 employees or have a turnover more than €50m.
- Your business must not have exceeded specific levels of EU Aid in the last few years
- The new broadband connection will make a step change in terms of the previous capability of the connection. This will be evidenced by:
- The new connection will at least double the existing speeds
- Will deliver a minimum of 100Mbps
- The connection will have the ability to deliver 1GBps or above (upload or download) at the time of delivery
- There cannot be an existing 1Gbps connection at the premises
- The business is not a subsidiary (or under the control of) a larger business)
We Apply For A Gigabit Voucher On Your Behalf
Once you decide to proceed your supplier will request a voucher from the Government's Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme.
You will then receive an email from the Scheme to check that you want to proceed.
We Agree A Date With You To Begin Work
Once you confirm your participation in the scheme, we will agree a date with you and start work to install your new Gigabit connection.
Having completed the installation and tested the connection, we will contact the Gigabit Broadband Scheme to let them know the work is complete and that the connection meets the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
The Gigabit Voucher Scheme will email you to confirm that everything is live and working properly.
At times the Gigabit Voucher Scheme will make more detailed random checks to ensure the work has been completed properly and to the standards required.
Once satisfied that everything has been completed properly and all criteria have been met, the Gigabit Voucher Scheme will pay £2,500 towards the overall cost of the connection.
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme represents an excellent opportunity for UK businesses to futureproof their business and improve the broadband connection at their premises. There is however only a finite amount of money set aside for the scheme and once the £67m has been allocated the scheme will close.
So don't delay and get in touch now to find out more about the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme and how Connect Total Communications can help your business to succeed.